List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Vector format/metafile for KOffice (Re: [Karbon14] misc)
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-30 14:36:35

> > For what I remember, there are currently the following SVG parser and
> > writer
> > attempts in KDE
> >
> > - kdelibs: a subset of KSVG which is use for rendering SVG icons. Just
> > reads. Renders to libart (own version), outputs QImages(?)

> Renders using *stock* libart, outputs to QImage/rgba buffer, which can be
> saved to file (.png)

Sorry. Seems I missed some developments.

There ist still the question if VPainter can be used more for rendering,
i.e. instead of
calling libart directly, you call to a VPaintDevice (or a similar concept),
which can be something a QWidget or a QImage / or a rgba buffer. The actual
rendering to this type of backend device is done via stock libart.

Regards
Dirk