List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Convert image in (e)ps
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 9:00:32

Le Mercredi 30 Octobre 2002 08:31, Dirk Schönberger a écrit :
> > |  The idea behind what you did is using EPS as some kind of "container"
>
> for
>
> > |  the actual image / bitmap data. This is possible, but it should only
>
> used
>
> > |  for outputting to a real Postscript printer. You don't convert the
>
> image
>
> > |  data to vector data, but instead convert the image data from its
> > | compressed form as PNG to an uncompressed form which is uncompressed
> > | form useable by a printer.
> >
> > You haven't mentioned that you want to convert image to *vector format*!
>
> Sorry I think I missed your intended purpose for using EPS files. If you
> want to convert arbitrary images into EPS containing the image data, for
> later inclusion into LaTex, your proposed tools seem to be ok.
> My prefered work is around real vector images, so I tried to show you my
> prefered tools ;)
>
> > Yes, there is an Open-Source autotrace, which also can be used by
> > ImageMagick,
> > BTW (if it is installed).
> > But do you really wnat to *autotrace* PNG or JPEG, during export to
>
> Latex?..
No :( Except if you use special tools like pdflatex, but you will be able to
generate only pdf.
I follow your thread and I see your "benchmark". Perhaps eps would be better
to make test because you have a small image (not screen size). It seems to me
that image in PS are only sreen size while image in EPS (Encapsuled PS) can
contains a small image.