List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    1dok.org-day at the CeBIT 2003 / looking for a diploma student
From:       "Ursula Bartels" <bartels () mskgmbh ! com>
Date:       2002-10-29 16:40:03

1dok.org-day at the CeBIT 2003

In cooperation with the Federal Ministry for Education and
Research (BMBF), the Fraunhofer Institute for open
communication systems and the Technologietransferzentrale
Schleswig-Holstein, there will be a  1dok.org-day at the
CeBit 2003 in Hannover/Germany (more will be published soon under
http://www.1dok.org/eng/framesetcebit.html). Our aim
is to ask all Office product vendors to comment on the
requirements of the market and to present their own solutions
in a public frame.

In preparation, we are collecting the requirements in close
cooperation with public administrations, economic enterprises,
universities and citizens in the course of our project. Due to
preceding publications in diverse forums, many interesting
contributions and complements have reached us already. They will
help to perfect the catalog of requirements
(see http://www.1dok.org/eng/frameseta.html).

One result of our present work has turned out to be substantial:
the standard document format's ability to incorporate semantically
structured contents would be highly important, beside its
interoperability (see http://www.1dok.org/eng/framesetm.html and
http://www.1dok.org/eng/framesetp.html).

Which possibilities will follow from this, a study in technology
will show, the results of which are also to be presented on 1dok.org-day=
.

We are looking for a diploma student to accomplish the study.
The thesis will be built on the basis of the OpenOffice.org
format among others. The belonging practical part will
therefore take place in the development laboratories of SUN
Microsystems Inc. Hamburg immediately.

Kind regards
Ursula Bartels

http://www.1dok.org
Project Management: MSK GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 33
22869 Schenefeld
Germany

Telefon +49 40 839 286 15
Telefax +49 40 839 286 29
e-mail bartels@mskgmbh.com

MSK GESELLSCHAFT FUER AUTOMATISIERUNG MBH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 33
22869 Schenefeld
Germany

Telefon +49 40 839 286 15