List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 1dok.org - and what about KOffice?
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-29 13:07:00

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 13:40, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> As far as I know the biggest problem would be KWord's DTP modus.
> Otherwise, it is more a file format choice.
>
> As for 1dok, it brings other problems if it would really be a DIN
> (Germany) and EN (Europen Union) norm. What information will be freely
> available? Or will each programmer need to pay many euros to get the norm
> to be able to implement the file format?

No.  This is explained on the 1dok.org pages...

> The other problem that I see is that the open source community has
> nobody in the DIN and EN norming bodies,
(...)

This is not about a DIN or EN comitee but about _now_ participating in
the process that might finally lead to a file format specification.

Please go to these pages and look yourself what they are about, I will
not cut'n'past the here.  ;-)

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>