List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: [Karbon14] Re: Re: Re: misc
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-29 11:00:59

> > If I wanted to judge purely be functionality instead of by style guid
> > compliancy, the possible alternatives are much more, and Karbon wasn't
by
> > far the first choice.

> More what? Have you compared the code? Karbon14's goal was never to blow
> out as many featuers as possible but to provide a solid, maintainable
> basis.

In fact I like the internal code, especially of the core and impex parts.
I am not quite happy about the rendering part.
I have some objections about the UI part.
I think it is fun to play around with the code. I don't think current Karbon
is "useable"
as vector graphics editing tool.

> And we don't have the engineers to develop all the 100% features in 5s
> as you keep on demanding.
But we have the engineers to create custom / KArbon specific GUIs?
What I would like to see is an easy and fast way to implement views for the
current Karbon core functionality using standard KDE/Koffice GUI elements.
Please note that with easy and fast I more think along "create a Kaction"
and copy / adapt its source code with an editor, instead of "using a GUI
editing tool to pushing some visual representations of controls into a
visually pleasing form".

I agree that we don't have the resources to do a Karbon GUI in the second
fashion.

Regards
Dirk