List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    1dok.org - and what about KOffice?
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-29 8:46:45

Hi,

just found this:  http://www.1dok.org/eng/frameset.html

This is a project supported by german bundesrepublik.org aiming at an
open standard for free and unimpeded exchange of electronic documents
via internet.

I might be wrong but to me it looks like currently they seem to focus
on asking for enhancing the OpenOffice file format to make it match
the needs...

This of course might make a lot of sense but the question is:

     Will we be able to participate with our KOffice documents?

So are there any plans to make the KOffice file formats more OpenOffice
compatible - or is that a silly illusion due to internal
incompatibilities (e.g. of the object model)?

If the later:

     Do we plan (for future enhancements on the file formats)
     taking the OpenOffice formats into account to prevent from
     making the gap even larger?

Or is all this asking of mine nonsense since we believe in the
reliability of our OpenOffice import/export filters that are being
developed ATM?

Please don't get me wrong: I am not trying to criticize - jus asking
for information because I think the 1dok.org project must be taken
very seriously - if we do not want to see KOffice on the sideline
in a few years.

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>