List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [Karbon14] Re: Re: Re: misc
From:       kudling () kde ! org
Date:       2002-10-28 15:51:15

Dirk Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de> schrieb am 28.10.2002,
16:34:47:
> > > And my other _Office apps_ doesn't have it, so?
>
> > As i said, if you force me to decide between usability and compliance
> > it's very clear which way i'll go.
>
> And as I said, without compliance there can be no useability. If I have to
> relearn the
> UI of each application apart, there is no useability.

And what if the gui of a certain program is proven to be _very_ good? OF
COURSE the gui of a graphic app IS different to a word processor. Don't
try to equalize things which are not.

> > You don't need to, since you have dockers/dialogs with tabpages.
>
> What I would like to see is a menu entry "stroke properties" which pops out
> a docker or non-modal dialog.

Me too.

> of hiding) of that main toolbar of Karbon. The main tool bar doesn't provide
> mostly needed features, and it doesn't follow my (and Koffice's) style

I'd rather see some shape popups like in Illustrator. The existing,
similar KAction doesn't really come near.

> All I would like is that a shape which _I_ create as a star, should keep its
> star properties to be able to changed later. No need for any AI here.

We had this thread already, i'm too lazy to copy the reasons here (hint:
consistency).

Bye
Lenny