List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Re: [Karbon14] Re: Re: Re: misc
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-28 15:34:47

> > And my other _Office apps_ doesn't have it, so?

> As i said, if you force me to decide between usability and compliance
> it's very clear which way i'll go.

And as I said, without compliance there can be no useability. If I have to
relearn the
UI of each application apart, there is no useability.

> > I think the only graphics apps which uses multi-column toolbar are the
Adobe
> > products. Products which aren't renowned for the platform style guide
> > compliancy, no?

> As user i give a damn about (developer) politics. I care about
> applications which help me and which adapt to me and not vice versa.

Strangely so do I. Just my parameters for "helpfulness" and "useability"
seem others...

> > The seem to exist people which use even menus with the mouse. The point
is
> > that there should be a way to access every item of functionality from a
 > > common GUI element.

> Because it makes no sense but we feel we have done a good thing.

I don't quite understand?

> > Becuase things like "change stroke properties" and "change fill
properties"
> > aren't implemented as KActions, it isn't possible to create truely
useable
> > toolbars.

> You don't need to, since you have dockers/dialogs with tabpages.

What I would like to see is a menu entry "stroke properties" which pops out
a docker or non-modal dialog.
So that I can close the unneded dockers / dialogs, without having to hope
for the
cleverness of the application to decide for me, which docker has to be shown
and which doesn't.
And I woul like to have it in the menu, because I want to get rid (in terms
of hiding) of that main toolbar of Karbon. The main tool bar doesn't provide
mostly needed features, and it doesn't follow my (and Koffice's) style
guides.

> > small. More so if I can't change the context properties of such a shape
(say
> > the number of points of a star) on an already created object.

> As i metnioned before, feel free to implement an artificial intelligence
> which regognices shapes in arbitrary paths. And much fun with changing
> the egde number of stars all day long.

All I would like is that a shape which _I_ create as a star, should keep its
star properties to be able to changed later. No need for any AI here.

Regards
Dirk