List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice FAQ again
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2002-10-27 12:46:52

> Hi,
> a year ago or so I stopped maintaining the KOffice FAQ as I didn't have the
> time to do it anymore. I now had another look at it for the first time
> since then and it seems that nothing happened to it or at least not much.
> So the FAQ is obviously in bad need of some work; for example, there's no
> mention about Karbon14 at all.

Kugar section must be replaced by following:

12. Kugar and Kudesigner
12.1 What is Kugar?
Kugar is a template-based businness-quality xml report generation tool.
12.2 What is Kudesigner?
Kudesigner is a WYSIWYG GUI report template designer for the Kugar report
engine.
12.3 Where can I find more information on Kugar?
Kugar and Kudesigner are maintained by Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple@mksat.net>.
Kugar homepage is http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kugar, also a
maintainer's homepage is http://www.cloudtemple.mksat.net.
12.4 Are Kugar and Kudesigner multiplatform?
Kugar report engine is written is pure Qt, so it can be used on Mac and
Windows platforms too. Kudesigner is KDE application, so it can be used
only on Unix/X11 platforms.
However, there is a Qt version of Kugar report designer. It's sources can be
downloaded from http://www.cloudtemple.mksat.net and compiled on Mac
and Windows platforms. Note, that Qt-edition of report designer is somewhat
outdated, so first contact maintainer (Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple@mksat.net>)
before using it.