List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Clipart dialog
From:       Benoit Vautrin <benoit.vautrin () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-10-22 21:53:07

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 21:30, Rob Buis wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> Both Kristof and myself are curious about your current clipart
> dialog work. Could you inform us more about how it will work?
> A screenshot would be lovely :) Also, maybe sending some text to
> koffice-devel could make sense, as it involves whole koffice, not
> just karbon?
> Cheers,
>
> Rob.

Ok, here is the current state of my work:
I've written a clipart dialog in the kofficeui lib with previews and support
for multiple clipart collections ( e.g. Klipart for example. ) both in
KDEDIRS and in your local home, including your own as you can (if in your
local .kde dir) add/remove collections/categories.
It works with directories containing only images but if there are .desktop
files in them, the name and comment are used (make it simple to i18n clipart
collections).
Oh, and you can choose in the dialog constructor if you want pixmaps, vector
images or both.
That's what I've made for the moment.
I'm still working on the search feature using (I hope) the comments included
the clipart files (I'm missing for that the svg KFilePlugin...), and I still
miss icons for the buttons and the Klipart categories.

If someone could help me with the icons, I would greatly appreciate !

I wanted to discuss the design of the dialog with you on IRC, I haven't found
a way to make ksirc work...

bye,
	Ben.
["clipart_dialog.jpg" (image/jpeg)]