List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Karbon14] Out of order undos, tools
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-09-26 7:34:28

> Well; I just point back to my initial arguments. You use memory storing an
> awful lot of actions, you loose time applying actions at load and you have
> too many actions for the user to manage anyway.

I think the problems doesn't stem from using actions (which memory footprint
is rather small, but from storing the resulting DOM for undo). If you have a
bitmap editing program, with a document of say, 10MB uncompressed, and you
store the last applied actions, you have to store 10MB x n undo steps. This
becomes cumbersome.
But this doesn't apply to me, but to the actions itself. Are currentyl
backups of the DOM used?

> Any idea why KWord allows you to limit your undo-redo actions?
> It becomes a huge memory drain after some 30 actions.
> Photoshop had the default set to something like 10 actions (IIRC).
You still could limit the actions to 30 actions. My idea just allows that
these 30 actions haven't to be done in the same session...

Regards
Dirk