List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: [Karbon14] Out of order undos, tools
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-09-25 12:46:03

> > (What I relly would like to have is the second part of my original mail,
> > instead, i.e. that I can write the command history to a Karbon document,
and
> > replay it later)

> Creating unique IDs to reference objects is a nice task. Especially when
> you import karbon files into another this becomes interesting.
> After you've done that, the rest is faily simple.

If you have a central factory which creates new instances, I would't say it
is a difficult task.
For loading of other Karbon documents, I would suggest some kind of mapping
table, where the document specific key is mapped to the application specific
key.

But I don't know about the feelings of changing from manual creation of
referenceable elements (I would start at least with VComposites) versus the
factory approach.

Regards
Dirk