List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KChart/KSpread] OpenOffice filter
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-22 18:08:03

On Sunday 22 September 2002 19:21, Norbert Andres wrote:
> I see another problem with the filters:
> I pass a QByteArray which contains the data for the part.
> But a OpenOffice file has between 1 and 4 files for each part in
> subdirectories and more than 4 for the main document.
> Do you have an idea how to handle this?

Well, it's like the OLE filter. You have one file, containing a kind of file
system (like a tarball). You need one filter which reads the "file system"
and passes on the information.

You can do that in two different ways:
- Pass the information around inside the filter, like the OLE filter does it
- Save the "subdocuments" to temporary files and invoke plain filters on them.
  This is the simpler, but slower solution

Both concepts (should) work for import and export.

Ciao,
Werner