List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: patch to fix bug #44928
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-31 23:11:43

On Don, 29 Aug 2002, David Faure wrote:

> But anyway this behaviour is a bit confusing IMHO. The user wonders: hey, I typed
> a new value, why doesn't the preview update? Having to move the mouse around,
> or to give focus to another fied, shouldn't be necessary.

This isn't so easy as it sounds. while you edit the lineedit, there might be
temporarily values in the field which are not "valid", but "have the chance
in becoming valid". Therefore interpreting those changes upon every keypress
is quite dangerous. You definitely need some kind of "now the editing
process has finished, do something" indication.

The only fault is not "stopping" the editing process when the user closes
the modal dialog.

A simple solution might be to check for edited() when the value() of the
spinbox / knuminput is queried. this is of course hacky.

I'm not sure if there is a more elegant solution.

--
Dirk (received 41 mails today)