List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    document classes
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2002-08-28 20:52:55

I'd like to do a bit of development on KWord/Koffice but first I need to know
what is the purpose of several classes:

KoDocument-seems to be base class for all document classes across Koffice so I
guess it it should not be modified if not adding fundamental features for all
Koffice apps.

KoTextDocument-seemed to be the right class to do the development but I
noticed KWDocument does not inherit it.

KWDocument-here I found functions which do reading and writing from/to files
so I implemented them here.

But the data (global for document) must be accesible from lib/kotext. So which
(document) class should I extend? What's the relation between KoTextDocument
and KWDocument?

Tomek