List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    unicode char in KWord
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-08-24 10:18:34

I need help. I use KWord to import a test WordPerfect document, which have
Unicode quotes characters, U201F and U201E respectively. Using Helvetica,
Arial, or Courier New, these 2 characters don't appear. They show up only in
Unifont.

My question: does Qt automatically handling things like this ? I mean, I load
document with  many Cyrillic (and Hebrew) characters and it's just fine
(using either Arial or Helvetica). Why do simple quote characters pose a
problem ? Am I missing something ?