List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice rc1 bidi tests results (long)
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-18 14:38:00

Hello Diego,

thanks for the report.
Well, Kspread doesn't even have WYSIWG yet, but it is definetely planed for
KO1.3. RTL wasn't even imagined to have in KSpread yet.
So some of the "bugs" are rather wishes.
Can you do us a favour? Can you add the ones I commented into the Bug Tracking
system? Please each seperate, so we can check them individually.

Am Freitag, 16. August 2002 23:58 schrieb Diego Iastrubni:
> kspread
> ----------
> * in excel when a new sheet starts with an RTL letter it's mirrors it self
> making the first cell in the right and the scroll bar in the left. I did
> not notice how important it is until I worked in excel which does it. It is
> important.

Can you add a wish report?

> * inside cells, text starting with hebrew should be right aligned by
> default the same way that numbers are done. This is the default beheaviour
> of all qt based programs.

Can you add a wish report?

> * functions incompability: I passed to the month() function a cell,
> expecting to get the month in that cell (a1="30/3/2002", a2="month(a1)", a2
> should display "March"). Works on openoffice and excel and does not work in
> kspread. Really needed function.

Can you add a wish report?

> * how do I make a 3 and above dimensional chart? a two dimensional was
> easy.. but above did not do as expected.

You mean with additional to the x/y axis a z axis? Not possible yet (AFAIK).
Can you add a wish report (but for kchart, not for KSpread)?

> * properties of a cell is alt+ctrl+f, 3 keys for a simple function excel
> does it with a simpler key combination ctrl+1.

This you can change on your own: See settings->short cuts.
But to not forget this, can you add a wish report, so the default is a bti
shorter?

> * importing: I tried two xls, one is a small joke which you enter a few
> strings and then it writes "GOTO WORK", it crashed kspread when I actually
> filled all the fields I should. I can forward it to you if you want. The
> second is: http://www.israrail.org.il/excel/schedules.zip (national
> israelis' rail road schedules if you really want to know), which on
> opneoffice does not load (password) and in kspread does not load and
> crashes it.

Hopefully Ariya can help here.

Sorry, that we cannot help for KSpread 1.2, but when we have the wish reports,
it will be remembered when we come to the new features of the next version.

Philipp