List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RC1 today?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-07-29 13:43:53

On Monday 29 July 2002 13:42, David Faure wrote:
> Anything speaks against me packaging RC1 today?
> (we're one week late compared to the developer.kde.org schedule).
>
> kontour is still very broken, I hear, but Laurent and Sven have started
> a kontour->karbon filter, so that people can convert their old kontour docs
> to karbon. I think this solution makes more sense for koffice-1.2 (and
> possibly later, unless the kontour authors wake up again) than trying to
> fix kontour. If anyone wants to help with the filter, I'm sure this will be
> appreciated ;)
>
> Apart from that.... any showstoppers before I package RC1?

I consider the bug that KWord does not resize autoresize frames anymore a
showstopper, yes.
I am very sorry to say this a week after the scheduled deadline, I spend to
little time on KOffice nowadays :(

I can't tell you 'exactly' how to reproduce since I have a rather old KWord on
this machine (some 2 months) and I don't have the bug here.

IIRC; create a normal frame.
Press enter (in that frame) untill you have a second page.
Change both frames to 'resize last frame', this is suppost to be done
automatically with the frame dialog and the checkbox 'Changes will be
applied...frameset' being on.

Then delete all text from the new frame.
I was left with a big frame on the first page and also one on the second
page :(

I found numerous other bugs last weekend, but none showstoppers.

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be