List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Dialog crashing
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-08 10:27:11

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:55, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> (...)
>
> > 2. What does this do in koffice/filters/kword/mswrite/Makefile.am (I
> > copied from the ascii filter)?
> >
> > messages: rc.cpp
> >                 $(XGETTEXT) *.cc *.cpp -o $(podir)/mswriteimport.pot
>
> It is collecting the strings to translate (all i18n () )
>
> The file name that you have chosen is however unlike the others.
> For KOffice filters, the name should be the directory names after filters/,
> followed by "filter"
>
> So it makes: kwordmswritefilter.pot

Just for interest, where is $(podir) and rc.cpp?

> You just need also to change:
>   K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY (libmswriteimport, MSWRITEImportFactory
>   ("mswriteimport"));
> into
>   K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY (libmswriteimport, MSWRITEImportFactory
>   ("kwordmswritefilter"));
>
> If you do not like this change or when you will write a matching export
> filter, you can also load the I18N catalogue "by hand."
I am planning to write an export filter...
What is the best way to do it in your opinion (ie. should I just change the
name for now, load the i18n catalogue "by hand", or move the filter into an
import/ directory and change the name)?

> (see the AbiWord
> filter.) (The catalogue is the file in which the translated strings are.)

Hmm, I can't seem to find the loading of the i18n catalogue in the abiword
filter...  Do you mean the ascii filter?

> I have written a message to the kde-i18n-doc mailing list not to translate
> mswriteimport.pot for now.

Thanks,
	Clarence