List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KOffice 1.2] app/vnd.kde.{kword,kspread,kpresenter,kformula,kchart,kivio,kontour,karbon}
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-05-27 13:35:35

Well, for inside the document (i.e. in maindoc.xml) it is not much a problem I
think.

Now that we have a namespace declaration, we can test the attribute xmlns
instead of testing mime. The namespace is suppose to stay the same quite
long. Therefore we can leave the attribute mime to its old value and
compatibility with KOffice 1.1 will remain. In future versions, the mime
attribute could then be removed because of its redundancy.

As for the external mime type, yes, this is a problem, as we would want to
make it work with KDE 3.0. However, if it is the same scenario as last year,
we will end up with a KOffice 1.2 that will only work with KDE 3.1.

Can we not somehow make KOffice 1.2 accept the two versions of the mime type?

Have a nice day/evening/night!