List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: formula indicator in KSpread and usability things
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-05-20 17:27:47

> - Please open the 'edit comment' dialog a bit bigger so a sentence of
> at least 40 chars will fit.
fixed.

> - the series dialog;
>  * [bug] it forgets to overwrite the selected cell if something is allready
>    typed there.
It was only when there're cells selected in the sheet. I don't know wheter
it is intentional or not. Perhaps other KSpread developers can explain
this.

> (in perl search/replace style)
>  * s/Mode/Insert values/
>  * s/Column/Vertical/
>  * s/Row/Horizontal/
>  * s/Linear/Linear (2,4,6,...)
>    whatis: "Generate a series from 'start' to 'end' and for each step add
>      the value provided in step. This creates a series where each value
>      is 'step' larger then the value before it.
>  * s/Geometric/Geometric (2,4,8...)
>    whatis: "Generate a series from 'start' to 'end' and for each step multiply
>      the value with provided in step. Using a step of 5 get get you a list like
>       5, 25, 125, 625 since 5 times 5 equals 25, and that times 5 equals 125
>       which multiplied by the same stepvalue of 5 leads to 625 etc.
>  * rearrange the 'Parameters' groupbox;
>     +- Parameters ---+
>     | Start: [     ] |
>     | End:   [     ] |
>     | Step:  [     ] |
>     +----------------+

That Series dialog is surely adopted from Excel's, including even the
strings. Here I do agree, for most of your "s/". I'm not sure why
Parameters should be vertically arranged, I fix it however. And also
s/End/Stop, because Start vs Stop while Begin vs End. Will commit this
very soon.

> The insert->Comment should be named "Cell Comment"
done.

Enough fixes for today :-P

Regards,

Ariya Hidayat :: www.advogato.org/person/ariya
"Do not code today, what you can't debug tommorow"

PS:

For this question:
> How can I get 'Merge cells' to be editable?
> Please answer these questions and I'll do a design proposal in designer.

Here is the simple answer: select a range before hitting Format menu.