List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread function reference
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-05-18 14:00:28

> I have deliberately not included the function documentation in the Handbook
> because the user can read it more easily in the Math Expression dialog box,
> and because there is so much of it that it would swamp the rest of the
> Handbook and would greatly increase the work of the Handbook translators.

You're correct. However, I'm thinking about someone which would like to
print (i.e have a hard copy) of certain part of the documentation. Or
maybe some clueless users who like to browse docs.kde.org to get some
info. If function reference is missing, then it is not complete.
Yet, if this will cause more troubles then its benefits, I'll leave it as
it is.

> BTW, I've noticed that the function names PV_annuity and FV_annuity are not
> completely in capitals, but then I am not a financial expert so maybe there
> is a good reason for this?

Function names are now case-insensitive (you can also note that in the
documentation, if not already mentioned). About the names PV_annuity and
FV_annuity, I plan to do little clean-up (and perhaps adding financial
functions if I do reall have time) to make it more compatible with Excel.
Somehow those will be marked as obsolete.

Regards,

Ariya