List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    More on kword text structure / levels
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-13 17:51:27

Hi,

while playing around with the latex/html export filters I found a
inconvenience which I'd regard as a limitation that is not necessary (from
the user point of view).

In the stylist I can select "None", "List" and "Chapter" as numbering modes.
If I select "chapter", then i can also choose the style and the depth. Well,
in my understanding the depth should also be configurable for the other
options as well.

When I write a structured text (more than just a letter), I want to assign
levels (or as it is called here: depth) to my headlines. The second step
would be to configure the numbering style and the third, if I chose "chapter
numbering" the style of the numbering. I'd also add another option "add to
table of contents".
This would correspond somwhat to the way this is handled in latex: A command
like \section{title} creates a numbered headline, which is also part of the
table of contents. With \section*{title} the headline is not numbered, but
has the same style as the numbered version. It is not included into the table
of contents. But it can always be added by using the command
\addtotableofcontents{title}.

The use of levels would be quite usable for users and filters would export the
headlines correctly, also if they don't have a numbering.

Greetings,
eva