List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: question about freeze and patch
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-12 5:58:20

On Friday 12 April 2002 01:39, John Dailey wrote:
> According to the release schedule, as of today "KOffice is temporarily
> frozen".  Does this mean we need to post patches on this list?  Or do we
> still commit at will, but only bugfixing patches?

"KOffice is temporarily frozen : bugfix commits only." -- that pretty much
says it ;)

Try not to add new features, but clean up code, fix bugs, look for ugly UI
mistakes (and spelling errors) and try to fix them,...

At this point in time you should try to stabilize especially the user
interface as we have a message freeze from Beta3 on. Changing a message after
Beta3 means that you'll have to ask the translators for permission and it
might very well be that they refuse to give it for non-critical changes.

KOffice will enter a deep freeze with the release candidate 1. This is the
time where you are asked to post your non-trivial bugfix commits to this
list. Right now the overhead would be way too high, so when you're sure about
a patch, it compiles and you tested it just commit with a nice log message :)

All this is mentioned in the release schedule:
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.2-release-plan.html

If you have more specific questions or suggestions for the release schedule
please ask David, our release dude :-)

Ciao,
Werner