List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Porting the MS Office filters to use karbon for graphics
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2002-03-30 11:24:41

Hi all,

After some discussions with the karbon development team (Rob and Lenny at
least!), I've decided to move the MS Office graphics filters for WMF and MSOD
form Kontour onto Karbon.

Before I start the port, some questions/suggestions:

1. the existing filters are in karbon/filters rather than
filters/karbon...should I put the new ones there?

2. the karbon dtd seems to specify its version as "version=<decimal_number>".
Can I suggest that the attribute be changed to "syntaxVersion=<integer>"?
This is consistent with the other apps, and comparing integers is less hassle
than decimal numbers.

3. the parser for the MSOD file format can be shared by the old kontour filter
and the new karbon one. So it should belong in a shared location. Does anyone
object to it being moved to koffice/lib/msod?

Thanks, Shaheed