List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread development
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2002-03-29 8:34:11

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 21:43, Norbert Andres wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 March 2002 07:17, Philipp Müller wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 26. März 2002 22:31 schrieb Norbert Andres:
> > > As already mentioned I will be on vacation from thursday on for 8 days.
> > > While being away without CVS access I want to work on the following
> > > things (just to avoid duplicate work):
> > >
> > > - Freeze Panes (see Excel)
> >
> > Ehm, what's that?
>
> Hard to explain:
> lets say you have a table with a header in the rows and columns, like this:
>
> 	Payment/Year:	2001	2002	2003	2004
> 	A.		80k	90k	88k	40k
> 	B.		40k	50k 	60k	60k
> Now if the table's getting bigger you will have to scoll, but you won't see
> the discription of the columns and rows anymore.
> In this case you would mark the cell (A., 2001) and click on "Freeze
> Panes". Now you can scroll in every direction, you will always see the row
> containing the years, and the column containing "A.", "B.",..

How does this work with the standard toolbars? If you freeze one in the
middle, does one toolbar still control both sides of it? It seems to me the
ubercool way to do this would be to split the toolbar in two or three (three
if in the middle, two if on the leftmost or rightmost column or top or bottom
row) so you get a toolbar to handle one side, a handle to move the frozen
column or row and a toolbar to handle the other side. Caveats: Implementation
of this would probably not be simple to do and freezing more than one
cell/row/column would lead to a quite complicated toolbar.

Bo.

     Free software developer    |   5290 Marslev
     SuSE Labs                  |   Denmark