List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter and tests
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-29 7:49:06

On Thursday 28 March 2002 22:12, shaheed wrote:
> On Thursday 28 March 2002 8:29 am, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> > Now, if we have a common directory, we can automatise (don't know if it's
> > a good english word) tests by a command which open all the documents for
> > all filters every week/month/... Also we will know always the filters
> > status for all features (each document will test a feature, several
> > document can test One/several feature(s) ).
> > When a release will be done, the features status filters page(s) would be
> > added in the released document.
>
> I did send a note asking if this automation could be done via DCOP, but I
> guess the recipients were too busy to answer.
>
> At the moment, I use a script combined with a manual exit for each file. It
> can take 20 minutes to run through my regression test suite :-(. Any
> solution wecome here!

A first step might be to write a small script which imports the file and saves
it to KWord's format. Then you'd have to compare this file and a perviously
saved file (only the XML, maybe). This is quite brittle, but even if the
imported file changes a bit KWord should "normalize" the content on saving,
no?

The question is if we really need that in CVS. We're not interested in older
revisions anyway, and using binary files in CVS takes a lot of space.

Ciao,
Werner, fan of automated testing :-)