List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about Kivo and KSpread
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-03-27 3:59:57

> If at all possible, can't the two projects file formats be merged? This is a
> so much smaller featureset than say wordprocessors need, so it should be less
> difficult. I'm sure there will be differences that could be hairy to agree on
> - just look at how much discussion the simple .desktop files can generate -
> but it seems like wasted effort to have different sets of stencils since the
> applications as I understand it have very similar capabilities.

That won't be too difficult, but not easy as well.

OTOH Kivio might need a feature to create stencils by itself, much like
templates in KWord and others. AFAIK, Kivio Stencils Builder is only
available from theKompany, and it's not GPL/free.

Just my EUR 0.02

Regards,

:: ariya :: www.advogato.org/person/ariya ::  ICQ# 30245835
"Ne remets pas demain ce que tu peux faire aujourd'hui"