List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kivio Stencil sets  and KSpread changes (Ariya look)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-26 21:06:39

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 22:04, John Dailey wrote:
> > Ariya, about KSpread - YES! Those are the exact types
> > of divisions I was thinking of.  It will entail
> > breaking up two files into several smaller ones, and
> > updating the includes (I belive) in several others,
> > but not much more than that.  I'll set out tonight or
> > tomorrow to look at what I might have missed. Do any
> > of the KSpread developers mind having the functions in
> > KSpread split up?  David F. is swamped, but I learned
> > my lesson about starting stupid ideas without getting
> > aproval first from him recently, so on this I'm going
> > to wait for a yay or nay from the big maintainers of
> > KSpread.
>
> Are there any "big maintainers" of kspread??  :-)
>
> I wouldn't mind having that file split up if for no other reason than it takes
> forever to recompile when making a change!  Other than that, I don't see a
> particular NEED for having that change, but if someone wanted to do it I
> don't think it would matter.

Please note that splitting up files leads to longer recompiles (ok,
not when only one of the two changed, but I mean when building it all
or when a header changes etc.). That's the whole reason for --enable-final.

But on the other hand, the file size has to be humanly manageable,
splitting it if it becomes really too huge makes sense. Usually to be
done to split classes away from each other though, rarely to split
methods for the same class (because it becomes hard to find the
right file immediately then).

Just 0.2 euros from a non-kspread developer.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/