List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kivio and Kugar?
From:       Nathan Murphy <nathanmurphy333 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-26 0:15:58

> On Tuesday 26 March 2002 12:02 am, Nathan Murphy
> wrote:
> > KOffice?  If the Kugar to KReports conversion goes
> > without incident I would like a CVS account to
> perform
> > the same function on Kivio to Koncept.  (I also
> plan
>
> This is theKompany's territory. Don't you think it
> would be polite to ask them
> first before renaming their products?

Kugar is a long forgotten effort, and Kivio hasn't
seen activity in the CVS from theKompany in 18 months.
I am also under the impression that Kivio MP is
theKompany's product.  They are welcome to keep that
name, as it seems to please them.  However, I do not
see the harm in drawing even further distinction
between the GPL'd diagramming program now located in
the KOffice project and the ongoing development of a
proprietary program used for similiar purposes being
sold by theKompany.  I know that Shawn G. reads this
mailing list, and I would hope that he agrees that
theKompany's efforts have lead to other projects than
KOffice contribution and that the two programs that
they did contribute have fallen into disregard.
Cheers.

Nathan