List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Questions about Kivo and KSpread
From:       Nathan Murphy <nathanmurphy333 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-24 23:04:26

First I'd like to thank Shawn G. and theKompany for
contributing Kivo to KOffice because they didn't
really have to.

That said, I'd like to ask why there are no stencil
sets in Kivo.  I know that theKompany was planning on
selling sets for recover some of the cost of Kivio's
development, but is there a reason no sets have been
developed and included in the KOffice version?

I was browsing the CVS while working on some functions
for KSpread, and can't even find the folder for
stencil sets to be added.  Am I blind? If not would
someone make that and suggest which stencil sets
should be made first for Kivio and I'll get to work on
that too.

I think such an addition would be useful for making
Kivio more viable as a solution for diagraming ideas.

Thanks to the people who responed to my e-mail
regarding working on KSpread's built-in functions.
nandres seems to be developing work towards this.  Are
the people working on filters noticing a particular
function/s that are not present and needed to really
do a good job pulling spreadsheets in from another
application?  That's really where I want to focus.

Also, as the total number of functions grows would it
be considered a good design decision to break
kspread_interpreter.cc into multiple files to better
isolate types of functions?  A friend tells me that is
how the gnumeric people have approached having some
350 or so functions.

Finally, what is Kugar's purpose - why is it in
KOffice?  If I knew I would contribute a more
meaningful icon for it.

Sorry if this is considered a long message or if I
sound uninformed, just tell me where to go to find
pertanent information if these issues are already
dealt with in some other discussion.  Cheers.

Nathan