List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword inline chars
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-11 17:20:24

On Saturday 09 March 2002 15:54, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Sorry I could not find where this is going wrong..
> Anyway; if I insert a picture inline I get a '#' on screen and the picture on
> top of that.
> Since that char is the 'placeholder' in the text someone is printing something
> he should not.
> Easy way to check;
> - insert a picture, check to insert inline
> - grab the bottom resizehandle and make the picture smaller.
> - before you release the button you can see the '#' (hash) at the bottom of
> - where the picture was.
>
> Anyone know the quick fix? Thanx.

That code in QTextParag::paint (qrichtext.cpp) is supposed to skip the
char holding the custom item:

                if ( chr->customItem()->placement() == QTextCustomItem::PlaceInline ) \
                {
                    chr->customItem()->draw( &painter, chr->x, cy, clipx - r.x(), \
                clipy - r.y(), clipw, cliph, cg,
                                             nSels && selectionStarts[ 0 ] <= i && \
selectionEnds[ 0 ] >= i );  paintStart = i+1;
[...]

No time for checking myself right now, but I suggest you have
a look there ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/