List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: consequences of the interview
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-07 21:54:05

On Thursday 07 March 2002 12:50 am, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> I would like to provide a way for people who really want MsWord import
> filter to help their development by donating money.

I support your goals but I don't think KDE itself should pay developers. I
wouldn't mind if there was a seperate independant organisation that was
created for this purpose. The reason for that is that I think that KDE as
project should treat all its contributors equally and not be biased in any
way towards certain contributions. We want all contributions to be evaluated
in the same critical way on its technical merits.

Disclosure: I'm full-time employed by SuSE to work on KDE.

Cheers,
Waldo