List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: shift+enter in kword
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-02-28 21:02:09

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 21:10, Krister Wicksell Eriksson wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wednesday 27 February 2002 20:53, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Thank you for your work!
> >
> > If I have understood your code well, you use 0x0b as forced line break.
> >
> > Could you tell why you have prefer 0x0b to something else like 0x0a (LINE
> > FEED)?
>
> 0x0b is used by winword so it now works when importing doc-files. I think
> 0x0b is a vertical tab.
>
> > And by the way: you cannot have 0x0b in XML.
>
> What is the best way to fix this?

I am not sure how. (I am just talking about the file format, not the internal
representation in KWord/kotext)

The easiest would be probably to use 0x0a, but we must be careful that
QDomDocument::setContent does not eat it, especially at the start or at the
end of a paragraph (In theory/SGML, at start it belongs to the opening tag
and at end to the closing tag.)

There is also the character 0x2028 (line separator). It has been declared as
"not suitable" for XML ( http://www.w3.org/TR/unicode-xml/ .) However the
recommendation does not apply "for blind data transport or similar cases."
Are we in such a case?

So may be that we only have the choice of using a <FORMAT> element with a new
id (The character in the <TEXT> would be then replaced by # )

Have a nice day/evening/night!