List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword outline mode
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 18:35:28

On Thursday 28 February 2002 17:58, David Faure wrote:
> It definitely requires much work, including new virtual methods in
> KWViewMode to make much more stuff "configurable" by the viewmode.

Ah. Thomas explained to me what I misunderstood in your post.
What you want is to edit the main textframeset, without any frames being
drawn, nor page layout etc., right ?

This is exactly what I had started in the text viewmode, just with the folding
in addition. ... but we just realized that a viewmode is probably not the best
way of doing this. I would be much simpler to in fact replace the KWCanvas
with another widget, still in the KWView. That widget (KWTextCanvas maybe ?)
would simply care about one frameset, show no frames, create an edit object
on the frameset, and let the user edit it without any notion of page breaks etc.
Then that "canvas" can have two modes, flat and outline.

I think this is a good way of doing this, much easier than a viewmode, since it'll
simply be about creating a very simple canvas with no handling of frames etc.

However KWTextFrameSet has a reference to the KWCanvas when drawing...
maybe a common base class is needed, or this could be 0 if it's not needed
for the text mode.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/