List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: shift+enter in kword
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 20:08:20

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 19:29, Krister Wicksell Eriksson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wanted to learn some of the kword code so I have started trying to implement
> line break (shift+enter) cause that is a thing I really miss in kword.
>
> Have attached a patch that I be happy if someone could take a look at and
> give some feedback.

Wow! This is really great job. I'm amazed, you seem to have grasped the text
formatter quickly, as complex as it is ;)))

I like the formatting-chars drawing change very much. The UI part is fine too, no problem.

I'm surprised by the patch to the formatter though. It's already supposed to have support
for line breaks, by using the character '\n' in the string (and enabling something like
setAllowNewLine() in paragraphs). This comes from the original Qt classes, and was
never tested/used in KWord. Did you try it out and determined you'd prefer writing separate
code for this, or did you miss that code ? If it works and it's the same functionality, I'd rather
use it than add special support for 0x0b with its own code.

David, really glad to see more and more KWord contributions coming in ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/