List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword z-order assert
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-24 16:06:43

On Sunday 24 February 2002 09:20, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I get lots of these;
> ASSERT: "!m_framesInPage.isEmpty()" in \
> /home/zander/sources/kde/koffice/kword/kwtextframeset.cc (1220) kword \
> (formatting): KWTextFrameSet::internalToDocument 0,360 before any frame \
> of 0x81d1270
> Can someone look?
>
> I just have a page with a table on it..

Ah, that's due to

void KWFrameSet::updateFrames()
{
    // hack: table cells are not handled here, since they're not in the \
doc's frameset list.  // ( so 'this' will never be found, and the whole \
method is useless )  // TODO: hmm, well, store the "parent of this \
frameset", whether doc or frameset,  // and look for the frameset list \
there. Hmm.  if ( grpMgr )
        return;

Can you fix the code to use the table frameset (that's grpMgr, right ?)
at line 888 ?
Something like
if ( frameSet == this || ( grpMgr && frameSet == grpMgr ) )
(that's the pedantic version, actually frameSet can never be 0 so
the test for grpMgr isn't really needed).
Then you can remove the test above, and table cells will have a working
m_framesInPage array.

The TODO above was a general rambling about the design (tables still
don't fit very well in the overall frameset design, table cells are the \
only framesets that aren't known in the main frameset list of the document,
hence those problems). Might be a good idea to introduce a cleaner
notion of "parent frameset / child frameset", independent from tables \
themselves, probably (and using that concept for tables and table cells).

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops