List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Images and Stores
From:       Clarence Dang <CTRL_CD () bigpond ! com>
Date:       2002-01-26 10:52:18

Hi,

These are questions to do with import filters + images + KWord:

1. How do I position an image a certain number of points from the left margin?

Because I want the relative positions of each line of text and each picture \
maintained, I've been forced to use inline images (correct me if I'm wrong).

The problem is that inline images like to stick to the left margin, no matter what \
value for "left" for the frame I specify. I want to position them a certain number of \
points from the left margin.  How do I do this?

2. Is it possible to have more than one file open in a store because at the moment, I \
have to do this:

KoStore *outfile = new KoStore (outfilename, KoStore::Write);

outfile->open ("root");				// maindoc.xml
outfile->write ("Lots and lots of text", length);
outfile->close ();

outfile->open ("tar:/pictures/picture0.bmp");	// pictures/picture0.bmp
outfile->write ("raw binary, bitmap data", length);
outfile->close ();

outfile->open ("tar:/pictures/picture1.bmp");	// pictures/picture1.bmp
outfile->write ("more raw binary, bitmap data", length);
outfile->close ();

delete (outfile);

Is this correct?
I'm finding it rather inconvenient to only be able to have one file in the store open \
at a time. e.g. suppose I was importing some text and then there was a picture in the \
document -- with the current scheme, I would have to store the contents of the \
picture in a buffer and then output the picture, only after I was finished with the \
text?

3. For the KEY tag, what  values should I give to these attributes?:
    filename CDATA #REQUIRED,
    year CDATA #REQUIRED,
    month CDATA #REQUIRED,
    day CDATA #REQUIRED,