List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: coments
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-01-14 16:15:47

On Sunday 13 January 2002 23:15, Michael Marcucio wrote:
> quick question for all of you koffice developers,
> is there any kind of standard i should follow when i comment my code?
> i usually do someting to the effect of:
> /**************************************
> FUNCTION:  invokeHandler
> PARAMS:       Header &op:           the header of the particular atom
>                         Q_UINT32 bytes:   the length of the atom
> CHANGES:   mjm2    01/04/2001   what i did
> **************************************/
> is this a good way of doing this? i would like to keep the commenting
> consistant with koffice standards.

The standard way of commenting in KDE is to comment in the header files
(not in the source files), using the kdoc/doxygen syntax, like

/**       (important to have two stars here!)
 *
 * (one star at the beginning of each line)
 * In your example :
 * This method finds the type of atom and bla bla bla...
 * @param op the header of the particular atom
 * @param bytes the length of the atom
 * @return the age of the captain
 */

Opening any header file (especially in kdelibs) is your best example ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops