List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    MSWrite's strange linespacing (was KWord's strange linespacing)
From:       "Clarence Dang" <CTRL_CD () bigpond ! com>
Date:       2001-12-16 9:39:06

Hello,

Ok, I was wrong :)
It's MSWrite that's doing the "strange linespacing" (hence, I've changed the
subject line :)).
As Nicolas Goutte pointed out, MSWord doesn't have this "strange
linespacing", nor does AbiWord, nor KWord for that matter.

So the question is: How do I write my filter such that MSWrite's linespacing
is maintained on conversion to KWord?
The KWord DTD doesn't let me specify the other type (MSwrite's) of leading.

I notice that MSWord's import filter for MSWrite maintains the linespacing
by specifying "At least 18pt" instead of "1.5 lines", for instance.  I know
very little about DTP so that is quite meaningless to me :).

So how do I fix my import filter?

Thanks!
Clarence