List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] KOffice 1.1.1 and the proposed new mime types
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-12-07 19:55:50

On Friday 07 December 2001 10:35, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 December 2001 23:55, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > I know that I come quite late with my idea but...
> >
> > The problem is the proposed new mime types (like
> > application/vnd.kde.kword for KWord.)
>
> Seems I did not follow the previous discussion regarding those mime tapes
> but please let me mention one thing I found in RfC2048:
>
>     2.1.2 Vendor Tree
>     [..]
>     While public exposure and review of media types to be registered in
>     the vendor tree is not required, using the ietf-types list for review
>     is strongly encouraged to improve the quality of those specifications.
>     Registrations in the vendor tree may be submitted directly to the IANA.
>
> So I just wanted to ask you if you did consider registering this mime
> types? I could imagine this a good idea.   :)

Some other people (sorry for their names) are trying to register all KDE mime
types (by "all" I mean files created by KDE programs, not something like
text/x-diff .)

I do not remember when and where it was discussed.

However, in koffice-devel mailing list, there was a mail from Marc Mutz
tittled "Please comment: early draft for IANA submission of koffice
mimetypes:" (2001-11-15)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=koffice-devel&m=100583467714937&w=2

> Cheers,
> Karl-Heinz