List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [BUG] KWord display text much too small
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-02 1:26:37

On Die, 02 Okt 2001, David Faure wrote:

> I think we should save the QFont object as exactly as possible.

Yes, I think so too. QFont::toString() was invented for that reason ;)
I don't know why it isn't used in KConfig.. its there for ages already.

> I see two solutions for that, either saving the "request" as it was made
> (i.e. pointsize OR pixelsize depending on how the QFont object was created),
> or saving the result of that request, i.e. the QFontInfo.

In general if we're not affected by compatibility we should save the request
information.

> >  The drawback of the latter is that
> > the chosen font might change if you change your font setup between
> > application starts/savings.
> That's the drawback of saving the QFont, you mean ?

no,of QFontInfo.

> Well, saving a "result" (QFontInfo), and deinstalling that font, can lead to
> pretty strange results too, no ?

Yes, thats what I meant, i.e. why the simple solution you suggested isn't
a good idea.

> It only uses KConfig via KGlobalSettings::generalFont(), when setting the
> default font on an empty document, nothing else ;)

Good!

Dirk