List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: How to import embedded clipart (wmf/emf) in KWord
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-11 16:49:15

On Mardi 11 Septembre 2001 10:20, Ewald Snel wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > > KWord recognises the clipart, but signals an error when I scroll the
> > > clipart into view: "QPicture::play: Incorrect header"
> >
> > Maybe the WMF is incorrect - or uses an unsupported feature.
> > Please try with the 3 WMFs located in koffice/kontour, at least you'll make
> > sure the problem isn't with the WMF file itself.
>
> KWord doesn't recognise these WMFs either. It works when I insert them in
> KWord, but not when they are copied into the tarball (.kwd) directly. Also,
> the WMFs do not appear in documents saved by KWord. All the WMFs are
> converted to the "QPIC" format. :(

Oh yes, now I remember :(
You are right, we use the QPicture internal format in the store, because the
WMF support is currently for loading only, not for writing.
Well, this sounds stupid, we could simply save the original WMF data....
the only problem is that it means storing it in addition to the QPicture.
Currently we only keep the QPicture in memory, from which we can't find
the WMF back...... However if using a normal image format is more important
than the memory loss, I guess we could store the WMF data in memory besides
the QPicture, and save that to the store.

I wonder if libwmf2 will help about this... Shaheed ?

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/