List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: working with Kivio
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-07 7:39:19

Shawn Gordon wrote:

> We are going to offer for sale a Kivio Stencil Builder, probably next
> week.  It has documentation and everything.  Price will be $49.95 and you
> can build stencils to your hearts content.
>
> In terms of the customizable behavior, that was built into it with Python
> and then a bunch of stuff got moved around in KOffice and I don't know if
> the ability is still there.  We haven't documented it yet or built any
> examples yet on the technology.  Our biggest problem now is that KOffice
> seems to have been updated in CVS to Qt3 beta4 and now nothing works at all
> (I'm told) so we are a bit stymied at the moment.

Hmm... for me Kivio starts and works with Qt 3 and KOffice HEAD. Please
try it and tell me what exactly is broken.

>  I'm not sure why this
> was done prior to the final release of Qt3, but it makes it very hard to
> try and do any additional work at the moment.

The answer is quite simple: As soon as 3.0 is out we can't change anything
in Qt's API and it will remain that way for a very long time. Therefore
it was a good idea to port now, in beta stage and have some feedback for
the trolls. This should help both of us, as KDE is a quite good "testcase"
to locate Qt 3 bugs (or changed behavior which hasn't been documented,...).

Ciao,
Werner