List:       koffice
Subject:    Starting QT3-port in KDE 2.2
From:       Nash Hoogwater <nrhoogwater () planet ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-03 11:55:09

Hello list,

How can I execute (e.g.) kword in KDE 2.2 after compiling KDE head with
qt-copy and koffice (HEAD).

Right now I'm doing the following in a konsole:

- export KDEDIR=path-to-kdecvs
- export QTDIR=path-to-qt3-beta4
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib
- export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH

Next I start kword, but I get the following output:

kdecore (KLocale): message catalogue not found: kword
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( KOfficePart, )
kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 7 offers
koffice (lib kofficecore):    desktopEntryPath=Office/kword.desktop
library=libkwordpart
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=libkwordpart:
file=/opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkwordpart.la: shared object not open
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

As far as I can see my library-settings are still wrong because it's starting
the wrong file :-(.

Thanks for any help :-).

Nash