List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice's Export filters for MS Office - or lack there of
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 21:03:18

On Friday 31 August 2001 4:07 pm, mmertens@purina.com wrote:
> Hopefully, this lack of export filters is just because no one has yet to
> step up to code these export filters.  So if you need help with developing
> export filters to MS Office, contact me. I will be happy to help you. I am
> fluent in C, VB, Smalltalk, java, C++, and cobol and I am used to working
> in complex systems of 100,000 plus lines of code.

Yes please. Werner Trobin and I are working on the next generation Word
filters at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wvware/wv2/

These filters are intended to be shared by KOffice and AbiWord (at least),
and will have import and export capability. Write to me privately, and we can
figure out a good place for you to start!

Thanks, Shaheed