List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: couple of little buglets, kword, cvs of yesterday
From:       dep <dep () drippingwithirony ! com>
Date:       2001-07-30 4:09:51

On Saturday 28 July 2001 06:45 pm, David Faure wrote:

| > the first is that after saving a document, kword occasionally no
| > longer accepts keyboard input. in my experience, this typically
| > comes on the third or fourth time the document is saved. what is
| > odd is that the mouse still works -- it can be used to move the
| > cursor around, select text, and manipulate menus -- but one can
| > no longer enter text or do anything keyboard related. what is
| > odder is that if, for instance, i do a save as, and then put it
| > into a different format (i haven't tried saving it as a .kwd
| > under a different name; sorry), it works just fine and the
| > keyboard is restored.
|
| Can't reproduce this. Do you still have a cursor after saving, when
| this happens ? (Does it blink ?). If you click into a frame, can
| you edit it ? Hmm... maybe this is simply kwin's focus bug, in
| fact. If you use Alt+Tab to go to another window, and then Alt+Tab
| back to kword, can you now enter text ?

whatever it was, it seems to be gone now. i did a full cvs download
and rebuild after waldo fixed the background program thing, and i've
been using kword from last night's cvs all day today with nary a
problem. something i have noticed (and it's been this way for
awhile), but that is a very tiny issue, is that occasionally if one
doubleclicks on a word to select it, two words are selected. this
isn't a problem at all if one is careful, but it can be a surprise.
(though the text selection and replacement is oodles better than it
was a couple of months ago, before you and reggie did your magic).

anyway, it's not locking or slowing or misbehaving at all on save now.

and again, i really want to thank you and everyone who has worked on
it for what kword has become. everytime i use it i like it more. i'm
using it for everything i write now. it's a delight to use:
responsive, doesn't require loading the entire office suite to use,
has the features i want but doesn't get in my way by doing things i
don't want, is nice to look at -- six months ago i wouldn't have
thought it possible. if the rest of koffice (which needs a really
nifty wysiwig web page editor, i think, so that people can wean
themselves from front page) is as good, you have a killer suite here.

thanks to everybody who made it happen.
--
dep

one day, you'll wish it was now.