List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword printing .....
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-06 14:53:39

Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2001 12:28 schrieb Vadim Plessky:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2001 19:13, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
[...]
> |   Does not work "out of the box" AKA KDE font installer, my X is a
> |   TrueType-only system since ... ehm ... can't remember ;-)
>
> You may try to add fonts from GS to XftConfig and XFS's config.
> It's nice to try and see if this fixes problems described above (tip: it
> should!)

Its via kde fontinstaller in my global font folder /usr/share/fonts

but here is something interesting:

I installed a new TT-font: New Times Roman WT from IBM Java-RE.
This is a real big Unicode font (22MB with many, many code-tables)
First thing: No installation problems.
Second: Same "messy" characters before the <TAB> on screen independent of the
selected code-page, BUT .... FULL print pre-view :-)

The really strange thing is: The print output/pre-view look like printing
monospaced Courier with New Times Roman metric. So the look of the printed
font has nothing to do with the look on the screen %-/
There seems to be a really big bug in QT-TT2PS rendering.

Bye

  Thorsten