List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Inserting picture frames - maintain aspect ratio (again :)))
From:       "Stephan Hachinger" <StephanHachinger () compuserve ! de>
Date:       2001-07-01 20:28:00

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Faure" <david@mandrakesoft.com>
To: <koffice@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 9:42 PM

> On Thursday 28 June 2001 22:30, Stephan Hachinger wrote:
> > Oh, sorry. Forgot to mention it is kword from about June 25th, 2001.
>
> Ok, before this was implemented then :)
>
> revision 1.252
> date: 2001/06/27 13:42:47;  author: faure;  state: Exp;  lines: +25 -5
> - Disable "aspect ratio" for cliparts (until someone shows me how to get
> the size or ratio of a WMF...)
> - Implemented keep-aspect-ratio feature at insertion time
> - Improved the keep-aspect-ratio feature (for the case where we're
resizing
> from a corner)
>
> --
> David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org
> http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/
> KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today

Now I've recompiled it... dunno why but it always chooses about 1:1 as
initial length:width ratio :((. Is my version still to old; I just
downloaded it after you wrote this?? Hmm, ok, it works when inserting
inline, otherwise not :(. Also... when inserting a picture inline which is
to wide (1024), the ratio is changed in a unreasonable way, and the picture
cannot be resized. The whole program seems to be totally disturbed ;), at
least the canvas looks strange (shows parts of the picture or the edges of
the picture frame are outside the white area. If nothing else works,
wouldn't it be good to devide length and width of pictures with width above
a certain threshold by two and interpolate them to this smaller size again
and again until the width is below a threshold and the picture could be
inserted w/o problems?

Cheers,

Stephan