List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: This isn't supposed to be so hard...
From:       Kent Nguyen <kent () mslinux ! com>
Date:       2001-06-30 1:21:03

Hi!

I know how you feel.  Although Linux is Linux, the distro is making it hard
for a person to install other applications beside the one they provide.

I'm working on a script that will:
1)  Create a new account on your system
2)  Create a new KDE installation on a different directory
3)  Download, compile, and install a CVS version of KDE and KOffice.

This way a user don't have to worry about his current stable KDE system being
damange, while being able to work with bleeding edge stuffs.  There are about
100 Linux distro in the market right now.  Every day a new one shows up. :)
Too confusing.  It's about time we need to simplify things.  One of the goal
of KInstaller is agnosticize all the distro. :)

You can look at the script here:
http://www.mslinux.com/kdecvs.sh

In the meantime, what distro are you using?

--kent